Wednesday, July 9, 2014

The Transition

Hello All,
I know it has been a while since I have posted something really worthwhile. New works coming soon!

Just an update for you...
-Graduated from SCAD!
-Drove for 26 days with my wonderful partner.
-Back in Cali.
-Probably moving to Portland, it is awesome there.

Anyways, my time at SCAD was wonderful and difficult. I met incredible people and worked alongside my forward thinking peers and talented mentors. One lesson I did learn though (something I wish I had learned as a child, for learning it as an adult is much more difficult), some people are mean and some things will happen and there is nothing you can do to prevent it. You can however, change how you deal with a particular situation. Power through these roadblocks because that is all that they are, step over them and do not look back. Be kind, keep making and create something you can be proud of.
Thank you to my Sculpture family, you saved me. My painting friends too who stood by me all the way. I greatly miss my making community but you truly inspire me to continue forward with my passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment