Friday, January 4, 2013

Kolb featured in New American Paintings

On the plane to Savannah I was reading my copy of New American Paintings #103 (Pacific coast) and was pleasantly surprised to find, one of my favorite artists, Marianne Kolb to be among the winners selected for this publication. Kolb is represented by Hespe Gallery in San Francisco, where I interned last summer. I am intrigued by her work because of the care, craftsmanship and simple beauty of the forms and textures she manages to achieve in her surfaces. Her work is for a slightly more conceptual and mature palette and her work can be interpreted darkly at first especially from digital reproductions. Take it from me folks, seeing her work in person is incredible!

Here is an article from American Chronicle about her work. http://amchron.soundenterprises.net/articles/view/43688

No comments:

Post a Comment